Thursday, June 30, 2011

Edamame Salad

I found this recipe at Shape Magazine's website. It was in a feature for summer salads with 5 ingredients each. Can't beat 5 ingredients. It makes things super fast, easy and cheap!

I adapted the recipe a little since I am trying to like tomatoes but still haven't succeeded.

I really don't have a use for corn. I think it's just a low-calorie filler. I have been using it for that reason, though. It's much lower in calories than the edamame in this recipe. Plus, it adds some color and it does taste good.

Edamame Salad

1 bag of shelled edamame
1bag frozen corn
1/2 avocado
1 lime
1Tbs. olive oil
pepper to taste

Mix olive oil and lime juice by whisking. Add pepper to taste.

Boil the edamame and corn according to directions (about 3 minutes). Once done, immediately cool edamame and corn combo in cold water.

Pour lime/olive oil dressing over edamame and corn. Peel, pit and dice the avocado half and mix with the edamame and corn.

I put the salad in the fridge for a few minutes to make sure it was nice and cold. After all, it's 105 degrees here.

Eat. Yummmmm.

No comments: